FelCor Lodging Trust Incorporated (NYSE: FCH) today announced that it sold the 244-room DoubleTree hotel in Wilmington, DE for $27.7 million.
FelCor has also agreed to sell the 277-room Embassy Suites hotel in Jacksonville for $10 million. The purchaser has paid a non-refundable deposit toward the purchase price, and FelCor expects the sale to close in October.
The Company has made significant progress on its asset sale program. As part of FelCor’s long-term portfolio repositioning strategy, the company is selling 39 non-strategic hotels. Including the dispositions announced today, FelCor will have sold 24 of the 30 hotels brought to market since December 2010 for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $530 million. The company is also currently negotiating contracts with buyers to sell three additional hotels. FelCor is using asset sales proceeds to repay outstanding debt.
About FelCorFelCor, a real estate investment trust, owns a diversified portfolio of primarily upper-upscale and luxury hotels that are located in major and resort markets throughout the U.S. FelCor partners with leading hotel companies to operate its 62 hotels, which are flagged under globally renowned names and premier independent hotels. Additional information can be found on the Company's website at www.felcor.com. With the exception of historical information, the matters discussed in this news release include “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws that are qualified by cautionary statements herein and in FelCor’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to conform the statement to actual results or changes in our expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV