8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications and computing solutions, today announced a new version of its Virtual Office mobile PBX business phone solution for Android smartphones and tablets, featuring added unified communications capabilities including video calling over 4G and Wi-Fi.
Available immediately, Virtual Office Mobile 4.0 extends the voice, video and PBX benefits of 8x8’s cloud-based Virtual Office Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) suite to Android devices. Also available for the iPhone and iPad, Virtual Office Mobile provides a single unified communications solution that works across the business world’s most widely used mobile devices, making it ideal for companies with a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy.
Virtual Office Mobile 4.0 adds visual voicemail, IM/presence and fax management, enabling employees to easily access their messages and co-workers while on the go. With Virtual Office Mobile for Android, users can:
- Take their office extensions anywhere, maximizing productivity and responsiveness to customers and business partners.
- Conduct voice, video, and conference calls over 4G and Wi-Fi. When travelling internationally, users can make and receive calls from their 8x8 U.S. phone number over Wi-Fi to avoid costly roaming charges.
- Display all voice mails in a scrollable list, allowing users to review and delete messages in any order.
- Check the status of co-workers (available, busy/on a call, offline) and send instant messages.
- View and manage incoming and sent faxes
- Record calls on demand, freeing users to focus on the conversation rather than taking notes.
- Park a call and pick it up on another business phone.
- Access PBX features such as call transfer, conference bridging and 4-digit extension dialing from the corporate directory.
- Have outbound calls appear with an office number caller ID to protect employee privacy and track personal and business calls separately.
“We initially turned to 8x8 when we needed help moving away from our outdated and costly phone system, and we’ve been nothing but impressed so far,” said Cogentic President Brian Flores. “Working with 8x8 means no more fax machine or hardware maintenance costs, no more service calls and no more PBX system maintenance. Virtual Office Mobile 4.0 allows our employees to bring the voice, video and PBX benefits of 8x8’s cloud-based Virtual Office suite to their Android devices. Thanks to 8x8, our team can be mobile yet still be connected to voice, fax and voicemails.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV