IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic ® (NYSE: CLGX), a leading residential property information, analytics and services provider, today released its September MarketPulse report. In this report, CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming, Ph.D., discusses the relationship between the broad economy, macroeconomic policy and the housing market. CoreLogic Case-Shiller Principal Economist David Stiff, Ph.D., analyzes the benefits of using repeat sales to track home price changes. This month's edition also features commentary by CoreLogic President and CEO Anand Nallathambi who discusses the trend toward fewer mortgage originations for the second half of 2013 and into 2014.
Additional key findings in the September MarketPulse report include:
- Long-run potential GDP growth is estimated to be approximately 1.75 percent today as opposed to 3.5 percent prior to the recession.
- Single-family housing starts have moderated recently, influenced by rising mortgage interest rates.
- The housing sector has played a pivotal role in driving GDP growth since late 2011, but rising rates will modestly temper the contribution moving forward.
- Repeat sales is a simple, yet accurate method of estimating home price changes and an efficient use of housing data.
- While repeat sales models are influenced by foreclosure resales, the impact is reflective of market dynamics.
For a full copy of the September CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2013-September.pdf.About CoreLogic CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading property information, analytics and services provider in the United States and Australia. The company's combined data from public, contributory and proprietary sources includes over 3.3 billion records spanning more than 40 years, providing detailed coverage of property, mortgages and other encumbrances, consumer credit, tenancy, location, hazard risk and related performance information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, transportation and government. CoreLogic delivers value to clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed services. Clients rely on CoreLogic to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., CoreLogic operates in seven countries. For more information, please visit http://www.corelogic.com. CORELOGIC and the CoreLogic logo are trademarks of CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. SOURCE CoreLogic
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV