The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS) today reported record revenues and increased earnings for the first quarter ended August 29, 2013.
First Quarter Fiscal 2014 Highlights
- Total revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 were a record $129,032,000, a 9.4% increase from revenues of $117,939,000 for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Operating income was $24,347,000 for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, a 19.0% increase from operating income of $20,455,000 for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Net earnings attributable to The Marcus Corporation were $13,431,000 for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, a 25.8% increase from net earnings attributable to The Marcus Corporation of $10,679,000 for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Net earnings per diluted common share attributable to The Marcus Corporation were $0.50 for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, a 35.1% increase from net earnings per diluted common share attributable to The Marcus Corporation of $0.37 for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
“This was an excellent quarter for The Marcus Corporation. Our record first quarter revenues were driven by a strong summer movie slate for Marcus Theatres®, along with a solid contribution from Marcus® Hotels & Resorts. The 26% increase in net earnings made this our best first quarter since before the 2008 recession,” said Gregory S. Marcus, president and chief executive officer of The Marcus Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV