8. -- Darden Restaurants (DRI) is expected by Wall Street on Friday to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of 70 cents a share on revenue of $2.2 billion.
9. -- Tibco Software (TIBX), a maker of software for companies to use on site or through cloud computing, posted fiscal third-quarter earnings that topped estimates on an adjusted basis.Excluding certain one-time items, Tibco posted earnings of 28 cents a share; analysts were looking for 22 cents a share. Revenue rose 6% in the quarter to $270.9 million.
10. -- Texas Instruments (TXN) said Thursday it was raising its quarterly dividend by 7% to 30 cents a share from 28 cents. It's the second time this year the chipmaker increased its dividend.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV