ATLANTA, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gentiva Health Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: GTIV) ("Gentiva" or "the Company"), the largest provider of home health and hospice services in the United States based on revenue, and Harden Healthcare Holdings, Inc. ("Harden"), a leading provider of home health, hospice and community care services, announced today that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement whereby Gentiva will acquire Harden.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, Gentiva will acquire Harden's home health, hospice and community care businesses. Harden's existing shareholders will retain the company's long-term care business. The purchase price to be paid by Gentiva is approximately $408.8 million, consisting of $355 million in cash and approximately $53.8 million in Gentiva common stock. Gentiva expects to fund the cash portion of the purchase price through available cash and a new credit facility. The Company expects to raise a new $855 million term loan facility to fund the transaction and refinance its existing term loans.
Founded in 2001 and based in Austin, Texas, Harden operates in 13 states and has a large presence in Texas and several other south central states. Excluding its long-term care business, Harden's 2012 consolidated revenue was approximately $476.0 million.
Based on results from continuing operations for the respective companies' 2012 fiscal years, we anticipate the combination of Gentiva and Harden will create a company with revenue comprised of 49% home health revenue, 41% hospice revenue and 10% community care revenue. The percent of combined company Medicare revenues for the full-year 2012 would have been 72%, down from 86% for standalone Gentiva, thereby reducing the Company's Medicare exposure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV