September 19, 2013
- Focus Your Content to Work Towards a Measurable Goal
- Create Content to Entertain, Educate and Make Customers' Lives Easier
PR Newswire India's
'Meet the Experts' panel discussion event in
, high profile PR and media experts revealed how they create successful content and debated the importance of having a clear content strategy. The audience also heard the argument for companies to have separate content teams, headed by a chief content officer.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
, the Group Sales Director of PR Newswire India, the speakers included:
- Sukanya Ghosh, Global Head of Corporate Communications, Infosys
- Valerie Pinto, CEO, Perfect Relations
- Vinay Gupta, Chairman, Via.com
- Nikhil Dey, President (Public Relations), Genesis Burson Marsteller
- Lisa Ashworth, President PR Newswire EMEA and India
stressed the importance of making sure your creative strategy is sophisticated enough to use different kinds of content that can all work towards the same goal. "It's important to make content consumable in different formats for different people, while keeping the message and strategy the same," Gupta said. "Content should always have a goal."
"Content comes after message and strategy," said
, making the point that creating content should always have a point - to serve the message and the strategy. In that respect, "Content can be used internally for corporate messages, as well as for corporate communications and externally to customers and suppliers," responded Gupta.
"If people have not got their content strategy nailed correctly on the promise that they are making to the customer or on the point where they want to take the company, I think it just gets lost," Gupta said, "Content must always deliver a goal," Gupta said.