Base price: $21,995
The Accord might not offer the auto industry's most exciting look, but Clarke says the model's big windows make the Honda (HMC) a great choice for shorter drivers.
"The whole greenhouse thing doesn't necessarily lend itself to a sexy-looking car, but it does create a highly functional one because you can see clearly out the windows," he says. "That's certainly true with the Accord."The expert adds that the Accord also boasts a "super-roomy" cabin, good-quality finishes, quick acceleration and sharp handling. The base Accord comes standard with a 185-horsepower four-cylinder engine and a manual transmission that produce a good 24 mpg/city and 34 mpg/highway or 27 mpg/city. (Automatics get 27 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway.) Environmentalists should also check out the plug-in hybrid Accord that Honda has already rolled out for 2014, or a traditional hybrid that's expected to reach showrooms shortly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV