Base price: $16,945
The Mazda3 offers shorter drivers not just great visibility, but great affordability as well.
"This is a really good car to buy if you're on a tight budget, because it's affordable but has great handling," Clarke says. "It's the kind of car that you typically have to pay a lot more money for."And while Edmunds editors like the 2013 Mazda3, a redesigned 2014 version already in Mazda showrooms features a slightly larger and even fancier interior despite an unchanged base price. The 2014 edition also comes standard with a 155-horsepower four-cylinder engine and a manual transmission that team up to produce an impressive 29 mpg/city and 40 mph/highway. Or you can add a six-speed automatic transmission and boost city mileage to 30 mpg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV