This Luxury App Takes You Window Shopping Around the World
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's not exactly an idea you'd expect from two 20-somethings, dreamed up one night while cramming for final exams.
But that's how brothers Stijn and Jeroen Verrezen came up with their iPhone and iPad app, which allows users to window-shop the flagship storefronts of the world's most expensive and exclusive luxury brands.
Officially launched at the recent conclusion of fashion week in New York City, the Turnhills Window Shopping app literally puts worldwide window-shopping at your fingertips. And this is luxury window-shopping. Think Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Michael Kors and more."The most expensive brands -- it's really unbelievable what they do with their windows -- you will see Louis Vuitton has skeletons of dinosaurs on display. It's amazing. Each time they do their window, they try to come up with something totally original. It's almost a form of art," Stijn Verrezen says during a phone interview from Belgium, where the two brothers grew up and still live. The app is actually the latest incarnation of the brother's computer-based window shopping idea; they launched a website last year. The idea is to feature regularly updated images of flagship storefronts because flagship stores typically display items available at all the other stores around the country or world for a particular brand, Stijn Verrezen says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV