Liberty Global plc (“Liberty Global” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) today published its 2012 Corporate Responsibility (CR) report and announced its continued inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI), which tracks the performance of leading companies in terms of their economic, environmental, governance and social performance.
Our 2012 CR report entitled ‘Discovering New Possibilities’ provides an overview of progress and achievements across Liberty Global during the year, and identifies some of the challenges that we have addressed along the way.
The report focuses on the most important CR issues as defined by the company and our key stakeholders. At the heart of our CR strategy is the core belief that everyone should be able to explore the exciting but often complex digital world in a safe and responsible manner. Accordingly, our efforts are concentrated in four main areas:
- Promoting a digital society
- Building trust with our customers
- Managing our environmental impacts
- Being a responsible business
- Our engagement in numerous projects to tackle the challenge of digital inclusion, including helping underprivileged families access the internet, providing seniors the skills they need to get online through programs like Internet Buttons, helping children discover science and innovation opportunities through our online Tech School platform.
- We sponsored Safer Internet Day for the seventh consecutive year and launched “Who are your kids talking to?” - an animation which helps parents understand the many challenges that their children are facing online.
- Our community investment totaled $10 million in 2012, a 26% increase compared to the prior year. Most of those funds were focused on promoting a digital society, education and young people.
- We embarked on Privacy by Design, a process that helps to ensure that privacy risks are taken into account at the design stage of every project. We also created a Global Information Security Forum to build a common information security framework and approach across our businesses.
- We are implementing a robust approach to assess the environmental and social performance of our suppliers worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV