TORONTO, Sept. 18, 2013 /CNW/ - The Board of Directors of Genworth MI Canada Inc. (the "Company") (TSX: MIC) announces the resignation of Robert Brannock as a director of the Company and its subsidiary. The Board of Directors wishes to thank Mr. Brannock for his years of service to the Company and wish him continued success in all his endeavors.
The Board of Directors also announces that Mr. Angel Mas has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Company and its subsidiary. Mr. Mas currently serves as the President and CEO of Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Europe and has held that role since July 2007. He is also responsible for Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance, Inc.'s mortgage insurance business in Mexico. Prior to his current role Mr. Mas has held several positions within Genworth Financial and General Electric. The Board of Directors is excited to have Mr. Mas join them and looks forward to working with him.
About Genworth MI Canada Inc.
Genworth MI Canada Inc. (TSX: MIC) through its subsidiary, Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Company Canada (Genworth Canada), is the largest private residential mortgage insurer in Canada. The Company provides mortgage default insurance to Canadian residential mortgage lenders, making homeownership more accessible to first-time homebuyers. Genworth Canada differentiates itself through customer service excellence, innovative processing technology, and a robust risk management framework. For almost two decades, Genworth Canada has supported the housing market by providing thought leadership and a focus on the safety and soundness of the mortgage finance system. As at June 30, 2013, Genworth Canada had $5.6 billion total assets and $3.0 billion shareholders' equity. Find out more at www.genworth.ca.SOURCE Genworth Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV