Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced today that the company has been recognized for their outstanding worker safety program during 2013 from the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA).
Granite was one of six finalists selected based on their achievements as evidenced by recordable rates below the industry average and low workers’ compensation experience modifier rates. Judges evaluated the entries based on corporate safety culture, operational safety plans and worker training programs. Awards were presented in three categories based on the number of employee hours worked during the previous year. Granite was recognized in the largest category with “More than 1 million hours”.
“Safety is a core value for our company and we are honored to be recognized by ARTBA for our efforts in this area,” said President and CEO, James H. Roberts. “The strong safety culture that we have developed supports and encourages our employees to watch out for themselves and one another. When it comes to safety, we ask all of our employees to make it personal and take it personal.”
“Safety on the job site is an essential element in long-term business success—especially in the transportation construction industry,” said Brad Sant, ARTBA senior vice president for safety and education. “This award honors those firms who have demonstrated industry-leading programs as evidence of their commitment to employee and workplace safety.”About ARTBA The ARTBA Foundation was established in 1985 as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt entity to support research, education and public awareness. It supports an array of initiatives, including educational scholarships, awards programs, a national exhibition on transportation and a facility dedicated to improving safety in roadway construction zones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV