Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced today that it has been awarded a $26 million highway widening project for the city of Bakersfield. Granite will book the project into backlog in the third quarter of 2013.
The project consists of widening the existing two-lane State Route 178 to a four-lane expressway. Construction includes building a six-lane overpass, concrete structures, roadway excavation, storm drains, and utility culverts.
Construction on the project is underway and is expected to be complete in the summer of 2015. For more information, visit www.bakersfieldfreeways.us/project_SR178_morning_drive.html.
About GraniteThrough its offices and subsidiaries nationwide, Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) is one of the nation’s largest infrastructure contractors and construction materials producers. Incorporated in 1922, Granite serves public- and private-sector clients on projects both small and large. Granite’s project teams represent some of the best in the industry serving owners in the transportation, power, federal, tunneling, underground, and industrial/mining and water resources markets. In 2013, the Company was recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth year in a row. For more information, please visit www.graniteconstruction.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV