ADVISORY, Sept. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Markets moved higher after Summers' announcement on speculation that any new Fed Chairman will be more dovish with respect to economic stimulus. All eyes are on today's FOMC statement.
|TOP INDEX MOVERS LAST 5 TRADING DAYS (+/-)|
|EQUITY INDEXES:||9/11 -9/17|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||+3.15%|
|PHLX DEFENSE INDEX (DFX)||+2.80%|
|PHLX HOUSING SECTOR INDEX (HGX)||+2.44%|
|NASDAQ OMX GBL WATER INDEX (GRNWATERL)||+1.97%|
|NASDAQ EMEA INDEX (NQEMEA)||+1.48%|
|Commodity Indexes:||9/11 - 9/17|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY SILVER INDEX ER (NQCISIER)||-5.35%|
|NASDAQ NATURAL GAS INDEX ER (NQCINGER)||+4.37%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY GOLD INDEX ER (NQCIGCER)||-4.00%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY PRECIOUS METALS INDEX ER (NQCIPMER)||-3.44%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY CORN INDEX ER (NQCICER)||-2.67%|
"Markets have done a lot of waiting as the Fed continues to release tidbits of information on the future of the bond purchasing program," said Dave Gedeon, Managing Director of U.S. Global Indexes. "After the Fed meets and if it declares a path forward on QE, the market will get to turn to earnings and economic estimates to guide the market forward for the first time in years."
OTHER NOTABLE INDEX DEVELOPMENTS
- Precious metal continued to fall with investors anticipating a reduction in the bullion-friendly stimulus. The NASDAQ Commodity Silver Index ER (NQCISIER) and NASDAQ Commodity Gold Index ER (NQCIGCER) fell -5.35% and -4.00%, respectively, week-over-week.
- The NASDAQ EM Europe Index (NQEMEU) advanced by 3.15% over the past five trading days, helped by a rally on Monday on the back of news that Summers is pulling out of the Fed race.
- Natural gas prices have been on the rise as investors are betting that supply data will climb as well as concerns about an increasingly active hurricane season in the Atlantic. The NASDAQ Commodity Natural Gas Index ER (NQCINGER) climbed 4.37% over the past five trading days.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 firstname.lastname@example.org Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 email@example.com Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV