Bernanke: No Fixed Schedule For Slowing Bond Buys
Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers announced on Sunday he was withdrawing his name from consideration. That has left as the leading contender Fed Vice Chair Janet Yellen. The administration said this week that President Barack Obama intends to nominate a successor this fall.
Bernanke rejected a suggestion that the Fed's decision not to begin trimming its bond purchases had confused financial markets, which had widely expected a move.
"I don't recall stating that we would do any particular thing at this meeting," Bernanke said. "We can't let market expectations dictate our actions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV