ATLANTA, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Georgia Power announced today that it has named Norrie McKenzie to the newly created position of vice president of renewable development. McKenzie, elected by the company's board of directors, will lead a team responsible for supporting and cultivating the company's growing 1,100 megawatt (MW) renewable generation portfolio, managing purchase power agreements related to renewable generation and fostering capital investment in Georgia.
"Renewable generation sources are an integral piece of Georgia Power's integrated strategy for delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to all of our customers throughout the state," said Paul Bowers, president and CEO of Georgia Power. "Norrie's experience across Southern Company and in other segments of the energy industry makes him uniquely qualified to support this growing portfolio and ensure that cost-effective renewable sources are a part of our long-term energy planning."
Georgia Power continues to pursue economic opportunities to add to its portfolio of renewable generation sources, currently consisting of more than 1,100 MW:
- 796 MW of solar capacity including existing operational resources and 785 MW to be added through the Georgia Power Advanced Solar Initiative and the company's 2013 Integrated Resource Plan.
- 250 MW of wind generation sourced through an agreement with EDP Renewables North America.
- 142 MW of biomass generation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts