Debuting this fall, Macy’s (NYSE:M) newest brand television spots will shift focus for the first time to customer centric initiatives that drive the retailer’s Omnichannel consumer strategy. From merchandise localization across its 800 stores and the ability to fulfill a customer product request to the helpful features of the Macy’s mobile app, the commercials will highlight these initiatives in imaginative and humorous spots.
“As an omnichannel retailer, we strive to provide a seamless experience for customers who shop with us in-store, online or via mobile devices,” said Martine Reardon, Macy’s chief marketing officer. “Using our brand television creative to spotlight three initiatives that enhance the shopping experience helps us to better deliver on our promise of fashion, value and entertainment in whatever ways customers choose to interact with us.”
Leveraging the entertaining creative of the Macy’s “What’s in Store?” sitcom-themed commercials first launched in fall of 2012, the merchandise localization spot features Store Manager Harold and assistant Carolina explaining the strategy to fan favorite Jessica Simpson. Based on the My Macy’s local merchandising strategy that empowers market-based teams to populate their stores with assortments targeted to local preferences, the funny spot aims to explain this initiative with a wink and a nod highlighting Ms. Simpson’s bubbly personality. During an employee training session, Harold details how the localization strategy works in sending the fall’s hottest Jessica Simpson boots to Minnesota while her swimwear is sent to Florida, all while having to contend with Jessica playing the class clown.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV