CPN, NRG And D, Pushing Utilities Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Dominion Resources ( D) is down $0.43 (-0.7%) to $61.32 on average volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Dominion Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $61.29-$61.95 after having opened the day at $61.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.75. Dominion Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in producing and transporting energy in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Dominion Virginia Power (DVP), Dominion Generation, and Dominion Energy. Dominion Resources has a market cap of $35.4 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 18.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Dominion Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dominion Resources as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock performance, considering both the consistency and magnitude of the price movement over time. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts