CPN, NRG And D, Pushing Utilities Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, NRG Energy ( NRG) is down $0.63 (-2.3%) to $27.29 on heavy volume. Thus far, 3.0 million shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.15-$27.61 after having opened the day at $27.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.92. NRG Energy, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated wholesale power generation and retail electricity company. The company engages in the ownership, development, construction, expansion, modification, refurbishment, and operation of power generation facilities. NRG Energy has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 19.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NRG Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NRG Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full NRG Energy Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts