3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Goods Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Procter & Gamble ( PG) is down $1.04 (-1.3%) to $78.79 on average volume. Thus far, 4.1 million shares of Procter & Gamble exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $78.53-$79.24 after having opened the day at $79.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.83. The Procter & Gamble Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells branded consumer packaged goods. The company operates through five segments: Beauty, Grooming, Health Care, Fabric Care and Home Care, and Baby Care and Family Care. Procter & Gamble has a market cap of $219.5 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 18.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Procter & Gamble a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Procter & Gamble as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Procter & Gamble Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts