ARMONK, N.Y., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today IBM (NYSE: IBM) is introducing new cloud and mobile-enabled social business software and service capabilities which will allow line of business executives to quickly move their business processes into the cloud to drive better decision making and increase productivity.
For example, using new mobile file synch capabilities, line of business leaders in sales can update a customer presentation on their iPad in real-time, incorporating feedback from a meeting that just ended. The executive can then synch the newest version into the cloud to ensure the entire team has access to the latest document. At the same time, customer service leaders can launch audio and video based desktop and mobile conferences to review the latest training materials with their global team in order to improve service to customers.Social networking has had a profound effect on business and when combined with cloud delivery models and new mobile device capabilities it can radically transform an organization. By bringing social and mobile devices into the cloud, businesses have the opportunity to empower employees to work more effectively, collaboratively and securely from any location in order to create larger more effective global workforces. "The one-two social and cloud combination has not only delivered an increase in productivity with our own workforce, but our clients are also reaping the benefits," said Pamela Webb, SVP, Business Services, SafeGuard World International, which provides globally managed payroll services. "The ability to actively engage and have real-time visibility to project progress in a secure environment really gives our clients confidence in both the implementation process and our organization." Highlights of the new advanced social, mobile, mail and meetings capabilities available in the IBM SmartCloud for Social Business include:
- IBM SmartCloud Connections includes new features, such as mobile file synch and share. Now any employee can access the cloud and share important documents in the way that works best for them, whether online or offline, on their smartphone or tablet, desktop application or browser. For example, by making it easy to share documents on the go, product development teams can speed innovation and bring new products to market more quickly. Forrester Research recently recognized IBM as a leader in file sync and share platforms according to the July 2013 report, The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013*.
- IBM SmartCloud Connections includes new community features such as social bridging. Social bridging presents a single view of social content from related communities, whether inside or outside the organizations. Now, for example, an internal marketing community will have access to valuable discussions and content being shared by partners and customers in other communities, all presented in a single unified view. IBM SmartCloud also offers the industry's only guest model which lets employees easily extend collaboration to partners, clients and any others outside the business.
- IBM SmartCloud Docs brings traditional office productivity tools into the social realm. IBM SmartCloud Docs lets employees work more efficiently by letting them create, share and collaboratively edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations in real-time. SmartCloud Docs also delivers the industry's most social set of Web editing tools that include social commenting, discussions, author presence and revision management, all available through the cloud on browsers and mobile devices such as the iPad.
- IBM SmartCloud Notes provides the industry's broadest set of social capabilities, all presented in the context of your mail experience. With IBM SmartCloud Notes employees can easily move between social tools including communities, projects they are working on and files they are sharing, all in a unified dashboard. This is made possible through a new intuitive web interface, enhanced mail and calendar addressing options, improved workflow for faster scheduling of meetings, single click access to all messaging and greater administrator governance and control than ever.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV