CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar, Inc., (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today launched Morningstar ® for iPad ®, the company's most comprehensive app for investors on the go. Now available for free on the App Store, Morningstar for iPad provides a mobile experience for U.S. investors looking to monitor the markets, track their portfolios, and research investments using Morningstar data and analysis.
The application has three key features:
- Markets: Keep tabs on market activity, earnings and economic data, and the latest news to help identify investment opportunities.
- Portfolio: Manage portfolios and watchlists with a full suite of diagnostic and monitoring tools.
- Manually enter portfolios and watchlists or seamlessly access those stored on Morningstar.com, the company's investing website.
- The Snapshot panel enables investors to build a custom dashboard for portfolios and holdings with more than 200 data field options.
- The X-Ray panel is an updated, mobile version of Morningstar's popular Portfolio X-Ray™ tool that helps investors track holdings exposure by style, region, or sector. Investors can diagnose a portfolio's health or risk profile and identify where allocations might be over- or under-weight with the Interpreter tool.
- The News & Research panel compiles the latest news and analysis for all holdings, including video segments with Morningstar stock, fund, and ETF analysts.
- Securities: Quickly access Morningstar Analyst Ratings and research reports as well as detailed quotes on more than 40,000 stocks, funds, and ETFs.
"Morningstar for iPad helps investors stay in touch with their investments while they are on the go," Mike Barad, program director, mobile solutions for Morningstar, said. "It has the broadest capabilities of any app we've developed. It's designed to pack the powerful data and analysis of Morningstar into a simple-to-use, intuitive, and convenient tool to help investors make smarter decisions."The app's clean, user-friendly design helps users focus on the most relevant investment information. They can also take a deeper dive into Morningstar data and analytics by tapping on individual data points or charts. In addition, investors can share news, articles, and portfolio ideas via the app's social media connectivity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV