For now, it's the dividend that investors should focus on. Stocks raising their dividend payments have a history of outperforming nondividend stocks. Today's 3% dividend can turn into a 6% yield in about five years at only half the rate of growth recently announced.
If you think Microsoft can't become exciting and its time has passed, think again and take a look at Yahoo!'s (YHOO) chart. Sure, some of the gain is from investments in Alibaba, but remove that gain, and you can see what an active, hard-charging CEO can do.
Microsoft is next, don't miss it.
At the time of publication, Weinstein had no positions in stocks mentioned.Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV