The closest chargers to me are Darien, CT, which was just recently opened, and Newark, DE. Tesla has plans to cover the entire country with Supercharger stations over the next few years. As I didn't drive the car long enough to test the charging process, I can't comment on how this might pan out. It's not hard to see that the lack of charging stations near my home might become an issue, but it would take further driving tests to see if Tesla's claims are accurate with regards to charging times.
While not designed nor priced for everyone, the Model S is clearly at the top of its class in terms of electric vehicles, and at the top of luxury sedans overall. It is truly an incredibly experience and Tesla has been able to redefine what luxury driving should be.
Final Grade: 98/100 (1 point deducted because nothing is perfect, and 1 point because of affordability.)-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV