Specific scenarios include:
- Similar to oil rigs and cell towers, the 25-foot tower simulator allows trainers to reproduce high angle tower and rescue operations using various control descent procedures, equipment and devices.
- Applicable to the wind energy industry, the wind nacelle helps trainers simulate extrication and rotor rescue from inside the generator as well as rescues over the side of the rotor and ahead of the blades.
- Seen in petro-chemical and mining environments, as well as complex industrial sites, the confined space simulator allows trainers to perform vertical and horizontal confined space entry operations. It can also replicate confined space rescue operations simulating hazardous conditions and emergencies in a controlled environment with non-toxic smoke, flashing lights and chaotic noise.
For example, customers can learn how firefighters, welders, and oil rig and construction workers can be protected from fire, arc flash events, volatile gas exposure and potential falls.
"While regulation is important, workplace safety truly starts with education," said Gary Rosenblum, senior director of the Campbell Institute, a Center of Excellence at the National Safety Council. "Whether it's on an oil rig or in a warehouse, workers who have a thorough understanding of the techniques and gear necessary to do their job safely prevent themselves from becoming another statistic. A training center that brings the newest technology, techniques and expertise together in one facility is an excellent step towards improved worker and customer safety."
"With safety emerging as a top priority for our customers in industries like oil and gas, the opening of Honeywell's Life Safety Training and Customer Experience Center points to our concerted dedication to protecting the lives of workers in virtually every industry and to helping companies develop an enduring culture of safety" said Levy. "We are excited to welcome workers from across the world to this state-of-the-art facility to explore and learn new ways to be safe and productive."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV