Clean Energy Fuels Corp., Ferus Natural Gas Fuels, GE Ventures and GE Energy Financial Services (NYSE:GE) announced today at the High Horsepower Summit in Chicago a consortium to jointly deliver liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) in the United States. The consortium, Eagle LNG Partners, will develop regional LNG projects to meet the growing demand for the cleaner-burning, less expensive fuel in industries such as long-haul trucking, rail, mining, marine, and oil and gas services.
John Shepherd, managing director at GE Energy Financial Services said, “Natural gas is revolutionizing the fueling of long-haul trucking and other high-horsepower applications. With massive amounts of domestic reserves, America is facing a generational opportunity to move to a more secure, less expensive and cleaner-burning fuel. Eagle LNG Partners’ mission is to provide customers with technology and know-how to confidently make the switch.”
Through experience, technical capability and commercial expertise, Eagle LNG Partners will identify strategic US locations to develop, own and operate LNG production projects. Additionally, when required in certain markets such as oil and gas and marine, the consortium is capable of providing its customers with complete LNG solutions including transportation and delivery, on-site storage, gasification and dispensing. Eagle LNG Partners is set up to provide proximal and uninterrupted LNG supply which is critical to its customers’ operations.
- Clean Energy brings experience in developing, constructing and operating micro-LNG plants
- Ferus Natural Gas Fuels offers tailored expertise in cryogenic and micro-LNG plants, along with a deep understanding of cryogenic logistics that ensures an uninterrupted fuel supply
- GE Ventures drives commercial and technical innovation
- GE Energy Financial Services provides capital for energy projects
Andrew J. Littlefair, president and CEO of Clean Energy said, “Major companies in the long-haul trucking business have made significant announcements over the last few months about their intentions to convert their own fleets, or the third-party trucks that move their products to natural gas. Along with recent announcements by rail and marine companies, it’s easy to understand the need for a significant increase in LNG supply in the United States. We are now joining with our partners to help meet that demand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV