Ellie Mae ® (NYSE: ELLI), a leading provider of enterprise-level, on-demand automated solutions for the residential mortgage industry, today released its Origination Insight Report for August 2013. The report draws its data and insights from a robust sampling of the significant volume of loan applications—more than 20% of all originations in the United States—that flow through Ellie Mae’s Encompass360 ® mortgage management software and the Ellie Mae Network™.
|MONTHLY ORIGINATION OVERVIEW FOR AUGUST 2013|
|August 2013*||July 2013*||6 Months Ago (February 2013)*||1 Year Ago (August 2012)*|
|Days to Close|
|ARMs vs. Fixed, Length, Rate|
|15 Year %||14||.6%||15||.5%||16||.8 %||16||.8%|
|30 Year – Note Rate||4||.618||4||.357||3||.723||3||.763|
|*All references to months should be read as month ended.|
|PROFILES OF CLOSED AND DENIED LOANS FOR AUGUST 2013|
|Closed First-Lien Loans (All Types)||Denied Loans (All Types)|
|FICO Score (FICO)||734||696|
More information and analysis of closed and denied loans by loan purpose and investor are available in the full report at http://www.elliemae.com/about-us/news-reports/ellie-mae-reports/ .
To get a meaningful view of lender “pull-through,” Ellie Mae reviewed a sampling of loan applications initiated 90 days prior (i.e., the May 2013 applications) to calculate an overall closing rate of 53.1% in August 2013, down from 55.4% in July 2013 (see full report).
“Purchase loans continued to gain share in August, climbing 4% to 57% of all loans,” said Jonathan Corr, president and chief operating officer of Ellie Mae. “This was the highest percentage of purchase loans since we began tracking this data in August 2011.“HARP-related high LTV refinances (95% or more) continued their resurgence, moving up from 11.1% in July 2013 to 13.4% in August 2013,” he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV