Family-style restaurant chain Denny's (DENN) ($6.22) set a new multi-year high at $6.25 on Monday. Each time this stock dropped to its 200-day SMA, now at $5.57 this key support held; on June 24 at $5.30, on July 30 at $5.40 and on Aug. 28 at $5.50. My quarterly value level is $5.52 with a semiannual pivot at $5.97 and monthly risky level at $6.40.
Fitness machines maker Nautilus (NLS) ($7.21) approached $10 a share on July 15 then traded as low as $6.15 on Aug. 12 holding its 200-day SMA, then at $6.22. Today the stock is between its 200-day SMA at $6.67 and its 50-day SMA at $7.63. My semiannual value level is $6.27 with a quarterly pivot at $6.93 and monthly risky level at $10.58.
Women's fashion retailer New York & Co (NWY) ($5.46) fell from $6.87 on July 11 to $4.64 into Sept. 10 but ended that day above its 200-day SMA at $4.76. Today the stock is between its 200-day SMA at $4.80 and its 50-day SMA at $5.81. My weekly value level is $4.41 with a semiannual pivot at $5.49 and semiannual risky level at $5.53.
Office supply retailer Office Depot (ODP) ($4.31) held its 200-day SMA at $3.94 on Aug. 21. The stock is on the cusp of its 50-day SMA at $4.29. My weekly value level is $4.22 with a monthly risky level at $4.97.Drugstore chain Rite Aid (RAD) ($3.70) traded to a multi-year high at $3.75 on Sept. 11 with the 50-day SMA at $3.25. Weakness so far this yea has held the 50-day going all the way back to April 5 when the 50-day SMA was $1.71. My semiannual value level is $2.60 with a weekly pivot at $3.76 and monthly risky level at $3.86. Wholesale food and grocery distributor Supervalu (SVU) ($7.70) traded to a 2013 high at $8.26 on July 18 and has been trading back and forth around its 50-day SMA at $7.50 since Aug. 20. My semiannual value level is $2.78 with a weekly pivot at $7.78 and monthly risky level at $9.48.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV