CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The nature of work today is changing, and companies around the world are struggling to define the right mix of workspaces for an increasingly mobile and connected workforce. Match that conundrum with the startling reality that most office space that corporations own or lease is underutilized for a striking 60 percent of a typical workday, and there is clearly a need to balance supply and demand in corporate real estate.
For many companies, where employees work has become less important than results accomplished and innovations achieved. According to Bernice Boucher, Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle's workplace strategy practice in the Americas, that fundamental shift in corporate viewpoint is leading to a radical change in how corporations now look to enable their workforces by using their corporate real estate assets to drive both people and asset productivity. This enablement is happening in workplaces both inside and outside of a company's portfolio.
Jones Lang LaSalle's new approach to workforce productivity, called proworking, balances this shift in worker needs with a company's ability to fit those needs within its current environment. The proworking approach helps corporations implement a highly impactful workplace strategy that enhances overall business performance. Jones Lang LaSalle accomplishes it in four steps:
- Align the workforce with the business goals;
- Match people to the places in which they are most effective;
- Create engaging work environments; and
- Expand beyond the boundaries of your portfolio.
"There is a human-centric shift in worker enablement and corporations are now using this approach to improve their business performance," said Boucher. "Proworking is a natural extension of coworking at the enterprise level, consistently providing professional and well-maintained work environments to mobile professionals by owners of real estate. Businesses need a way to overcome the barriers presented by traditional real estate models and achieve greater flexibility."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV