Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, today released Pandora 5.0 for iPad, the company’s biggest redesign of the tablet app since launching on the platform when the device was first introduced in April 2010.
Pandora Chief Technology Officer and EVP of Product, Tom Conrad said, "Our mission is to provide the best personalized radio experience to our more than 200 million registered listeners in any context on any connected device. The tablet category continues to demonstrate strong growth and momentum, and the iPad’s big touch interface makes it an ideal environment for listeners to seamlessly explore the music they’re listening to and discover new favorites. We’re thrilled to deliver this new Pandora experience.”
Pandora 5.0 for iPad features:
- Enhanced Listening Experience & Personalization – Significantly enhanced app interface is optimized for large screens and features upgraded core Pandora functionality, such as adding variety to a station with artist suggestions and viewing station details, in addition to the ability to easily shuffle, rename and delete stations.
- Deeper Music Discovery & Exploration – Listeners can explore more about the artist and album that is currently playing as well as easily purchase tracks from iTunes through enriched artist pages that include similar artists and genome traits of the current track spinning, plus lyrics, artist biographies and album discographies.
- Personal Music Profile & Music Feed – Detailed timeline captures music preferences for each individual listener, such as stations created, bookmarked tracks and thumb history with the option for users to make the profile either public or private. The Music Feed offers a centralized place to view music activity, making it easy to explore what friends and other listeners with similar musical tastes are discovering and enjoying on Pandora.
- Connect & Share Music with Friends – Social sharing features are available on iPad for the first time with listeners able to publish their music activity to Facebook with the Pandora Timeline app, as well as manually share links to favorite stations with followers on Twitter.
Pandora 5.0 for iPad is available now for download in the App Store. The company will release the redesigned version of the Pandora app for Android tablets this fall.ABOUT PANDORA Pandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song or genre. The Music Genome Project ®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora ® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of hundreds of thousands of recordings. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV