BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Moms look after their children's every need from the moment they enter the world. And as toddlers grow into preschoolers and beyond, moms continue the nonstop but all-important work of making smart, simple, nutritious food choices. Although it's not always easy, Kellogg's can help. Made with simple grains of rice, Rice Krispies are as easy to digest as they are to scoop up with small hands - making them a great simple food choice that is gentle on little tummies. When kids start their morning with a simple breakfast, like Kellogg's Rice Krispies, they may be better able to help reach that day's potential.
To help moms even more, Kellogg's Rice Krispies has partnered with pediatrician and award- winning author, Dr. Laura Jana, to offer advice about a variety of simple, nutritious food choices that will be easy for everyone to digest.
"Instilling healthy habits early, such as ensuring young children eat a balanced diet, is really important," says Dr. Laura Jana. "That said, making sure children get the nutrients they need can admittedly be a bit challenging. Having foods on hand that are nutritious, safe and kid-friendly can make this important parenting task much easier."Here are some of Dr. Jana's practical tips to help families make smart, fun and nutritious food choices:
- Have fun finger foods on hand. Look for quick and easy-to-grab foods that don't pose a choking risk. By simply cutting up some fresh fruit, chopping up a variety of veggies, and/or dishing out some ready-to-eat cereal, whole grain crackers or pretzels, you can sit back and let toddlers have fun handling the feeding part all on their own.
- Keep it Simple. Shopping for easy, simple, nutritious foods for kids can seem like a difficult task with all of the different options available. To make it easier, simply be sure to check the ingredients listed on the label and make it a habit to reach for foods that are low in salt, sugar, and saturated fat, as well as simple foods that contain fewer ingredients.
- Make Fun of Food. Most of all, always remember that your overall goal is to make eating nutritious foods a habit not a fight. The odds of achieving success go way up when children have fun helping shop for, prepare, serve and feed themselves a wide variety of nutritious foods.
- Click to Tweet: Kellogg's @RiceKrispies are #easytodigest and simple for kids to scoop up with their hands!
- Click to Tweet: Do you have trouble finding simple, nutritious foods for your kids? @RiceKrispies are made of simple grains of rice and #easytodigest
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts