SEATTLE, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- L& L Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: "LLEN") ("L&L" or the "Company"), a U.S.-based company with a track record of profitable energy (coal) operations in China, announced today a review of activity at its 2013 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders ("AGM"), held on September 16, 2013, in Seattle, Washington. Company management discussed financial results of the 2013 fiscal year, as well as its strategic initiatives to drive growth in the years ahead. All proposals submitted for shareholder approval at the AGM were approved.
Fiscal year 2013 results and the outlook were presented by Dickson Lee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Clayton Fong, Vice President of U.S. Operations. Highlights of their presentation included:
- L&L intends to strengthen its financial position by opening access to new capital sources through a Taiwan Depository Receipt ("TDR") listing with the Taiwan Stock Exchange. KPMG has completed its review of the Company's fiscal year 2011 and 2012 financials, and will complete 2013 shortly. The Company is expected to submit the application for the TDR process within the next several weeks.
- L&L intends to seek acquisition opportunities in Northern China through strategic partnerships and is actively reviewing possible acquisition targets with the potential to add a minimum 1 million tons of annual coal production. The Company hopes to make material progress in the upcoming months.
- L&L recently strengthened its leadership through the addition of two new board members with exceptional qualifications, as approved by the Company's shareholders. Joe Borich returns to the Company's Board of Directors after serving from 2005 to 2010. He formerly served as the U.S. Consul General in Shanghai, and will contribute his guidance in the TDR financing. Jim Schaeffer, MBA, is joining the board with three decades of international business and mining experience throughout the Asia Pacific region. Mr. Schaeffer was also recently appointed as Director of Operations, and will assist the Company in evaluating new energy opportunities in the U.S.
- L&L announced its intention to explore clean energy opportunities, in addition to strengthening its coal business in the China market. As previously announced, the Company is partnering with the China Low-Carbon Industry Investment Center ("CLCIIC"), a national investment platform approved by the China State Council, to jointly develop new energy initiatives in Beijing.
In the formal business meeting, shareholders approved the following resolutions:
- The re-election of four directors and election of two new nominees to the board of directors.
- The 2013 Stock Incentive Plan.
- Executive compensation.
- Appointment of Kabani & Company, Inc. as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2014.
- Appointment of KPMG ( Taiwan) as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for its TDR application.
About L&L Energy, Inc.L&L Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: LLEN) ("L&L Energy" or "the Company") is an American company engaged in producing, processing and selling coal in the People's Republic of China. Its vertically integrated operations include mining, washing, wholesale, and distribution. The Company is incorporated in the State of Nevada with its US corporate office located in Seattle, Washington. L&L Energy's China headquarters is located in Beijing with additional offices Kunming and Guiyang. L&L Energy is a member of the American Coal Council, one of the country's largest coal trade associations representing the business interests of the American coal industry. Learn more at www.lnlinternational.com. Caution Regarding Forward Looking Statements The release contains statements related to Company's future performance and is within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements may involve uncertainties and actual results of the future events described in this release could differ materially. Other than as required under the securities laws, the Company does not assume a duty to update these forward looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV