BOSTON, Sept. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xively, a subsidiary of LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) and creator of the first public cloud platform for the commercial Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that Elektron Technology is building its next generation of connected solutions on the Xively IoT platform. By using Xively to evolve its product lines, Elektron can rapidly deliver a new breed of IoT-powered, subscription-based monitoring and control services designed to enhance customer relationships and create new revenue opportunities.
Elektron is also engaging Xively Consulting Services to help conceptualize and design its new offerings, which will build on the company's core technologies, skills and market leading brands. [ See separate release on Xively Consulting Services, announced today.]
"We're committed to helping customers transform their operations by harnessing the data our products produce and turning it into highly actionable, business-changing information. The Internet of Things is the best way to make this happen and Xively is the ideal partner to help accelerate the migration from innovation to practical solutions. Xively is the only vendor that could provide the complete set of IoT enablers—the IoT platform, consulting services and partner ecosystem—we needed to create truly connected experiences," said David Davies, Group Head of Instrumentation, Monitoring & Control at Elektron Technology. "Xively's IoT platform enables the reliably-connected, highly-scalable and easy-to-manage offerings that are critical to our success. And by working with Xively Consulting Services, we benefit from experts who understand what it takes to develop and manage connected solutions that deliver real value.""We're thrilled that Elektron, which is renowned for groundbreaking solutions, has chosen Xively as the foundation of its next-generation, IoT-based offerings," said Les Yetton, General Manager , Xively. "It's exciting to help such an innovative company move from ideation to realization, and reap the amazing benefits that IoT promises." By building Xively-powered connected offerings, Elektron expects to:
- Make it easy for Elektron customers to capture data collected by its products and stored and managed on Xively Cloud Services, and use that data to its full potential to advance their businesses.
- Create and deliver ongoing value to its customers, moving from selling products to providing ongoing services. Through IoT subscription-based services, Elektron will gain a much better understanding of customer needs and usage patterns to create more compelling offerings.
- Speed the time-to-market of innovative, high-value connected commercial services and gain competitive advantage through differentiated offerings.
CONTACT: Press contacts for Xively: UK inquiries: Xively@hotwirepr.com US inquiries: Xively@bakercg.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts