Polaris Minerals Adopts Majority Voting Policy For Directors
VANCOUVER, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Polaris Minerals Corporation (TSX:PLS) (the "Company") advises that the Board of Directors has now adopted a Majority Voting Policy (the "Policy") in respect of the election of directors at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
This Policy has been implemented, in accordance with best corporate governance practices, because the Board of Directors believes that each serving director should have the confidence and support of the shareholders of the Corporation. In connection with the election of directors of the Corporation at an annual meeting, if a director nominee has more votes withheld than are voted in their favour, then the nominee will be considered by the Board not to have received the support of shareholders and will be expected to submit their resignation as a director forthwith. Certain exceptions to the Policy may apply such as a proxy battle involving nominees not supported by the Board.
The full text of the policy is available on the Company's website at www.polarmin.com under "Governance".
Polaris Minerals Corporation is exclusively focused on the development of quarries and the production of construction aggregates in British Columbia for marine transport to urban markets on the Pacific coasts of North America to meet growing local supply deficits. In 2007, Polaris began shipping sand and gravel from the Orca Quarry to San Francisco Bay, Vancouver and Hawaii.SOURCE Polaris Minerals Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV