The Secret for Those Who Retire at 30
By Hal M. Bundrick
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Ah yes, the life of a millionaire. Lazy days at the country club. Perhaps a bit of travel overseas before returning to your posh vacation home and spending hours cruising the lake in your boat. No doubt, you're picturing a frolicking, handsome, white-haired senior couple straight out of a Levitra ad, right? The truth is, the reality of this scenario would better fit a vibrant, young-adult couple in their mid-30s, according to new research from Fidelity.
The study of Gen X/Y millionaires under the age of 48, with an average age of 37, finds they are more optimistic, more likely than their Boomer peers to take an overseas vacation (flying first class) and also have that country club membership, vacation home and boat.
Many of these rich young adults inherited their wealth, but are far from squandering it. Averaging 30 trades per month, they are active investors, personally engaged in further building their wealth. And while more likely to enjoy their wealth, they also tend to be more generous with their time and money than wealthy Boomers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV