MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) announced that former U.S. Ambassador William E. Kennard has been elected to its board of directors effective today.
“I am pleased to welcome Ambassador Kennard to MetLife’s board of directors,” said Steven A. Kandarian, chairman, president and chief executive officer of MetLife, Inc. “His strong knowledge of public policy and global investment expertise will prove to be a great resource to MetLife and its shareholders.”
From November 2009 until August 2013, Kennard served as the U.S. ambassador to the European Union and worked to promote transatlantic trade and investment and eliminate regulatory barriers to commerce.
Prior to this role, Kennard served for eight years as managing director of The Carlyle Group, a global private equity firm, and as a member of the board of directors of several companies owned by it. From 1997 until 2001, Kennard served as chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. In this capacity, he developed policies that shaped how Americans use wireless phones and the Internet.Kennard has served on the boards of directors of numerous companies, including The New York Times Company, Sprint Nextel Corp., Handspring Inc. and eAccess Ltd. In addition, he has served on the boards of nonprofits such as the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, One Economy Corporation, Common Sense Media, Year-Up Inc., the Yale University Council, Gallaudet University and the Media Access Project. Kennard is a graduate of Stanford University and Yale Law School. About MetLife MetLife, Inc. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV