Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) today reported financial results for its third quarter of fiscal year 2013 ended Aug. 30, 2013.
Third Quarter Financial Highlights
- Adobe achieved revenue of $995.1 million, within its targeted range of $975 million to $1.025 billion. The acquisition of Neolane during the quarter contributed approximately $6 million of revenue to third quarter results.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.16 on a GAAP-basis, and $0.32 on a non-GAAP basis.
- Operating income was $110.4 million and net income was $83.0 million on a GAAP basis. Operating income was $223.0 million and net income was $164.4 million on a non-GAAP basis.
- Cash flow from operations was $215.5 million.
- Deferred revenue grew by $42.7 million to a record $734.0 million.
- Adobe exited Q3 with 1 million 31 thousand paid Creative Cloud subscriptions, an increase of 331 thousand when compared to the number of subscriptions as of the end of Q2 fiscal year 2013, and enterprise adoption of Creative Cloud was stronger than expected.
- Creative Annualized Recurring Revenue (“ARR”) grew to $546 million, and total Digital Media ARR grew to $655 million.
- Including revenue from Neolane, Adobe Marketing Cloud quarterly revenue was $254.9 million, representing 28 percent year-over-year growth. Excluding revenue from Neolane, Adobe Marketing Cloud year-over-year growth was 25 percent.
A reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP results is provided at the end of this press release.
Executive Quotes“We exceeded one million subscriptions during Q3, demonstrating that the transition to Creative Cloud is happening sooner than expected,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “We successfully completed the acquisition of Neolane, adding a critical cross-channel campaign management solution to the Adobe Marketing Cloud, which will further extend our leadership position in digital marketing.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV