Again, 2013 has been all about stocks. It has also been all about domestic stocks. It has also been all about small and mid-cap stocks. I have had no exposure to the bond market, the precious metals market, or emerging markets.
This has helped my returns tremendously this year. Being out of the wrong areas of the market is as important as being in the right areas.
For this reason, I am not an asset allocator. I believe in being in the best asset classes now, not the worst ones. This takes some extra work on my part, but it is well worth it.
Let me throw you a stock. A stock like Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL), another Best Stock Now! ODFL is a $3.9 billion mid cap, headquartered in Thomasville, N.C., with a better track record than the Carolina Panthers. Sorry, Cam Newton.Data from Best Stocks Now App
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV