BUTTE, Mont., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) will expand its manufacturing site in Helena, Mont. by nearly 50 percent to support demand for Boeing commercial airplanes and new work for the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Jim McNerney, joined by Senator Max Baucus and Governor Steve Bullock, made the announcement today at the Montana Jobs Summit in Butte. The nearly $35 million expansion will add more than 55,000 square feet of manufacturing space, bringing the Boeing Helena facility to 167,099 square feet.
"Our further investment in Montana is testament to our Helena team's ability to deliver on their commitments and establish themselves as a reliable, globally competitive supplier to our commercial airplane programs," McNerney said.
Construction will begin this fall on the south side of the existing facility, with estimated completion by the fourth quarter of 2014. Boeing expects the expansion and increased work to add 20-25 people to the 144-person workforce."Boeing Helena has a great future ahead in support of unprecedented production rates," said Eric Smith, director and site leader, Boeing Helena. "This expansion ensures we have the stable workforce, skills and now the manufacturing space we need to support production requirements and take on new production for the 787-10." Boeing Helena manufactures complex parts for the 737, 747, 767 and 787 models from hard metals like titanium. Combined with its supply network in Montana, Boeing contributes significantly to the state's economy. www.boeing.com Contact: Bev HollandFabrication Communications email@example.com +1 206 227 0804 Cris McHughFabrication Communications firstname.lastname@example.org +1 206 851 9884 SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV