LOS ANGELES, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of the 12th Annual National Women's Health and Fitness Day on Sept. 26, Sport Chalet, Inc., a specialty sporting goods retailer, is encouraging women to take charge of their health and wellbeing by getting active.
Whether enjoying a favorite sport or trying something new, regular physical activity is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Sport Chalet offers 10 ways to celebrate this year's National Women's Health and Fitness Day:
- Grab a pair of running shoes, put on a high-energy playlist and hit the pavement. Whether it's for a light jog or to train for a marathon, make sure to always push it to the limit.
- Head for the great outdoors to enjoy a hike, and keep climbing to the top. Keep a healthy mindset and stay hydrated with a CamelBak Hydration Pack.
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs, or park at the far-end of the parking lot. Even these simple changes can make a difference in a person's overall health. Try using a pedometer to track total steps, distance and calories burned.
- Stop procrastinating and sign up for that gym membership. Take advantage of new apparel innovations, like a sports bra or top, to get excited and see how form and function can help during a workout.
- Nothing is more empowering than strapping on a pair of (pink) boxing gloves and taking a workout into the ring. Stay focused on fitness goals and release any built up tension on the bag.
- Set aside some time to concentrate on relaxation and breathing on a mat. A yoga class can benefit both physical and mental health.
- Stand up for women's health by enjoying a day of SUP –don't be afraid to get wet! This is a great activity to enjoy with a group of friends, and all it requires is a bathing suit, board and paddle.
- Take on the intensity of a spinning class, or enjoy a bike ride outdoors. For muscle support, find a pair of spin shorts before any ride.
- For a fun, light-hearted approach, pick up a hula hoop or jump rope for a cardio session with friends or kids. Stay motivated by putting on some upbeat music.
- Challenge friends to a tennis match and some healthy competition. Just pick up a racquet and head to the court.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of equipment and apparel for women-oriented sports and activities, or to find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact email@example.com.About Sport Chalet Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 52 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com. SOURCE Sport Chalet, Inc.