HOUSTON, Sept. 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today announced that it will give actionable insights to oilfield professionals and executives on the alarming increase in cyber security threats impacting energy companies. The Sept. 24, 2013, presentation, titled: Achieving Convenience and Control -- Managing Identity & Access in the Cloud, will be delivered by Kevin Wagner, Covisint's Global Energy Director at the Cyber Security in the 21 st Century conference in Houston. Three of the six energy "super majors" are Covisint customers.
Today's energy companies depend on partners to achieve desired results. This requires an ever-increasing capability to manage user identities in a way that allows secure access to critical information and applications, while also mitigating cyber security threats. Existing threats need to be monitored and managed, and new threats anticipated and immediately addressed. These challenges, if not managed well, can have a costly effect on both profits and corporate reputation.
"Energy companies need to create a culture of awareness and preparedness at all levels of the organization while also deploying the best tools and the latest technologies that anticipate and resolve these threats that are damaging on so many levels," said Wagner. "The good news is that when energy organizations proactively manage cloud-based access to their sensitive information and applications, they can be extremely effective at keeping the 'bad guys' out."Wagner's session will examine these threats and equip attendees on how to mitigate them, offering:
- ways to maximize the benefits of cloud-based identity and access management;
- new approaches to managing user identities; and among others,
- best practices (and the hidden pitfalls to avoid) for deployment/operations.
|Who should attend:||VPs of technology, security and identity; energy management professionals and executives; CSOs, CIOs, directors, managers and security technicians; and anyone interested in how the cloud can effectively and efficiently be leveraged to address energy cyber security threats|
|When, where:||Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013 at 2:20 p.m. Eastern, at the Houston Double Tree Hilton - 400 Dallas St., Houston Texas|
CONTACT: Media Contact Doug Anter Public Relations Manager Compuware Covisint email@example.com 313-227-0127 For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV