Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Olympia Hotel Management today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Chicago-South/University Medical Center, the first newly built hotel to open in Hyde Park in 50 years. On the heels of June’s opening of Hyatt Place Chicago/River North, this marks the brand’s second location in the city.
“As a native of the South Side of Chicago, I am proud to have the honor of opening this hotel in historic Hyde Park,” said Anthony Beach, general manager, Hyatt Place Chicago-South/University Medical Center. “This beautiful neighborhood is enjoying re-development which will further enrich the area’s reputation as the cultural and economic hub of South Chicago.”
Located on Chicago’s East 53rd Street next to University of Chicago’s campus and the University of Chicago Medical Center, the hotel is easily accessible from Chicago’s downtown via Lake Shore Drive and city public transportation. Hyatt Place Chicago South/University Medical Center serves as the anchor to Hyde Park’s Harper Court, which boasts restaurants, retail shopping and a signature level LA Fitness. It is also located in close proximity to the museum consortium, which includes the Oriental Institute, Museum of Science and Industry, the Dusable Museum of African-American History and the Smart Museum.
The Hyatt Place Chicago-South University Medical Center offers:
- 131 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and a Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet TM, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- More than 1200 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts