Family entertainment leader Chuck E. Cheese’s, Reel FX and Relativity announced today a partnership for the iconic restaurant brand to be featured in the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday animated comedy, “ Free Birds.” In turn, Chuck E. Cheese’s locations will feature exclusive “Free Birds” merchandise as part of the company’s fall in-store promotion. The film stars Owen Wilson, Amy Poehler and Woody Harrelson in the story of two turkeys from opposite sides of the track who must put aside their differences and team up to travel back in time to change the course of history – and get turkey off the menu for good. Relativity will distribute the Reel FX-produced “Free Birds” in theaters across the country on Nov. 1.
The partnership includes:
- Chuck E. Cheese’s Rock-N-Wristband promotion will be held in more than 520 stores nationwide Sept. 15 through Nov. 30. During the promotion, kids can collect one of four cool wristbands featuring Chuck E., his guitar or characters Jake and Reggie from the film with the purchase of any pizza or value deal.
- Co-branded advertisements across television, print and digital media
- Promotional material displayed at more than 520 Chuck E. Cheese’s locations across the country
- Radio broadcasts live from Chuck E. Cheese’s locations in select markets
“The opportunity to partner on a major motion picture is a first for Chuck E. Cheese’s, and one that we are extremely excited about,” said Scott McDaniel, chief marketing officer for CEC Entertainment, Inc., Chuck E. Cheese’s parent company. “We’ve spent the last year introducing our new, contemporized mascot to all of our guests, and now we’re ready for the silver screen. In Reel FX and Relativity, we’ve found partners whose goal to make families laugh and smile resonates with Chuck E.’s philosophy.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts