(All amounts are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated)
TORONTO, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), ("AuRico" or the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors has declared the Company's dividend payment of $0.04 per share for the third quarter ending September 30, 2013, payable on October 29, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 11, 2013.
AuRico Dividend Policy
As previously announced on February 21, 2013, AuRico's Board of Directors approved a dividend policy as described below:
- In 2013, the Company intends to pay an annual dividend of $0.16 per common share (payable quarterly); and
- In subsequent years, the quarterly dividend will be linked to operating cash flow (1) ("OCF"), whereby the Company intends to pay out 20% of the OCF generated in the preceding quarter divided by the Company's outstanding common shares at the time the dividend is approved.
As previously announced on June 11, 2013, AuRico's Board of Directors approved the introduction of a dividend reinvestment plan. Eligible shareholders may elect to participate in the dividend reinvestment plan. Participation in the dividend reinvestment plan is optional. For further information on the Company's dividend reinvestment plan please visit www.auricogold.com/DRIP. About AuRico Gold AuRico Gold is a leading Canadian gold producer with mines and projects in North America that have significant production growth and exploration potential. The Company is focused on its core operations including the Young- Davidson gold mine in northern Ontario, and the El Chanate mine in Sonora State, Mexico. AuRico's project pipeline also includes advanced development opportunities in Mexico and Canada. AuRico's head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Cautionary Statement This press release contains forward-looking statements and forward-looking information as defined under Canadian and U.S. securities laws. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. The words "expect", "believe", "anticipate", "will", "intend", "estimate", "forecast", "budget" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include information as to strategy, plans or future financial or operating performance, such as the Company's expansion plans, project timelines, production plans, projected cash flows or capital expenditures, cost estimates, projected exploration results, reserve and resource estimates and other statements that express management's expectations or estimates of future performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV