Trade-Ideas: KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation (KS) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
- KS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.5 million.
- KS has traded 48,934 shares today.
- KS is down 3.1% today.
- KS was up 9.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KS: KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation engages in the production, sale, and export of unbleached kraft paper products and corrugated products in the United States and internationally. KS has a PE ratio of 31.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation has been 343,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. KapStone Paper And Packaging has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 5.4% with 5.27 days to cover. Shares are up 103.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.99 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 112.39% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING has improved earnings per share by 12.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING reported lower earnings of $1.32 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $1.32).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Paper & Forest Products industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 14.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $18.40 million to $20.99 million.
- You can view the full KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.