SAO PAULO, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Microsoft Brazil and Shell on Tuesday announced that Shell will deploy approximately 200 Windows Phone 8 devices to company distributors, which will increase its number of Windows Phone devices from 100 to 300 during 2013. These devices will support the entire sales force of the company's distribution network in Brazil, which is made up of company resellers tasked with visiting individual gas stations to collect client requests. The newly deployed Nokia Lumia devices, including models such as the Lumia 520 and the Lumia 920, were chosen based on cost benefits and security.
The adoption of these Windows Phone 8 devices has enabled the company to significantly lower costs, which would not have been possible with the iOS devices Shell also considered. The phones have also helped improve the productivity of its commercial team, which previously required software installation and updates to be made on each individual device. Now Shell is able to make these changes directly on the server, and the program is updated automatically on all fixed and mobile networks.To increase the data analysis resources available to the team, Shell invested in Blink Mobile, a sales force automation solution developed by Microsoft solutions partner Blink Systems. The investment in this application is a reflection of Shell's strategy to increase productivity throughout its distributor network with the use of better-equipped devices. Automatic updating is another important advantage of the Blink Systems application. Now Shell distributors have a tool that streamlines searches, accelerates the ordering process and is easy to use for the sales force. Thanks to the incorporation of the Windows Phone-based app, the network is now easier to use and more practical in terms of information gathering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV