FORT MILL, S.C., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Intermec (NYSE: IN), a leading provider of mobile computing, radio frequency identification solutions (RFID), voice-enabled workflow and data-collection solutions, and printing solutions. Honeywell announced its intent to acquire Intermec in December 2012, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $600 million.
"The acquisition of Intermec will add innovative products and solutions, as well as deep engineering expertise and a broad global sales channel that further demonstrates our commitment to provide our customers an increasing array of innovative technologies in the highly attractive AIDC industry," said John Waldron, president of Honeywell Scanning & Mobility.
Intermec will be integrated with Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, within the company's Automation and Control Solutions business. The completion of this acquisition follows the approval by Intermec shareholders on March 19 as well as the receipt of required regulatory approvals in the United States and European Union.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV