WATERLOO, ON, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Manulife Investments today announced the launch of Manulife RetirementPlus™, designed for people who are between five and 15 years from retirement. Manulife RetirementPlus provides the opportunity for retirement savings growth through equity participation, the potential to benefit from rising interest rates, and the option to choose a future guaranteed lifetime income - all within a single flexible contract.
"Manulife RetirementPlus is the first-of-its-kind in Canada to offer clients the opportunity to benefit from market upside potential and unprecedented flexibility to customize their retirement plan," said Paul Lorentz, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Retail Markets. "Manulife RetirementPlus is another example of our forward thinking approach to the retirement solutions space."Manulife RetirementPlus has three phases that help support clients through the key stages of retirement preparation: Savings, Preservation and Income.
- In the Savings Phase, clients participate fully in the markets and have a broad range of investment options to choose from, with up to 100 per cent equity. They also benefit from potentially rising interest rates that can enhance their future guaranteed income.
- When clients choose to secure a future guaranteed income rate, they can move some or all of their assets into the Preservation Phase, and have the option of being in both Savings and Preservation phases at the same time.
- Finally, in the Income Phase, clients can elect to draw a partial or full retirement income when needed, starting as early as age 50.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts