YOKNEAM, Israel, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. (NASDAQ: EZCH), a leader in Ethernet network processors, is issuing the following clarifications relating to the Cisco announcement of September 12, 2013 on the unveiling of its new nPower X1 network processor:
- To the best of EZchip's knowledge Cisco intends to use EZchip's NP-5 in all key platforms that use the NP-4 today, and Cisco has not yet made a decision on any NPU beyond NP-5 in those platforms.
- EZchip believes that when its NPS-400 samples it will be the industry's most advanced NPU with:
1. the highest integration and the greatest power efficiency;
2. the most advanced traffic manager;
3. scalability to support the greatest number of flows and subscribers; and4. support of Layers 4-7 with the highest performing L4-7 accelerators.
- Cisco has always had in-house NPUs that are used in various Cisco platforms. To EZchip's best knowledge, Cisco's latest announcement is in line with such past practice.
- ZTE has many platforms and EZchip's NPUs are used in some platforms while other vendors' NPUs are used in others.
- The EZchip NP-3 and NP-4 platforms at ZTE are secure and to the best of EZchip's knowledge ZTE intends to use NP-5 as a follow on in these platforms.
- The NP-5 is also in consideration for other platforms as are other NPUs from other vendors.
- EZchip continues to ship NP-5 samples to ZTE and there has not been any backing away by ZTE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV